This is true. You wouldn't last a day in my shoes. I tell this to my husband all the time. He seems to think that while he is at work (a desk job) I sit around, chill, watch tv, take a nap when Aiden does, and do nothing. Some of that is true. I do watch tv. Have you heard of Dinosaur Train? Or The Mickey Mouse Club House? Or Handy Manny... or Sesame Street? Yeah, that is pretty much what I watch. And yes, sometimes, I do take naps when Aiden does. But, 90% of the time, I am doing stuff while Aiden is asleep. How do you think you have clean clothes for work? Or clean towels to dry yourself off with? Or clean bowls to eat your cereal out of? Or have a clean floor to walk on? Do you think that the House Fairy does all this while I sit on my fat butt? No, I don't think so. I do all of this AND take care of Aiden - I feed him, clean him, change his diapers, heal his diaper rash, take him outside, lay with him, make groceries with him, walk around the complex with him, push him on his swing, his bike, and his wagon. I also take the dog outside when he needs to go and pick up his poop when he is done. When we go over to Gigi's, yes, I sit and relax. But most of the time, I am chasing Aiden around making sure that he is going to fall off the chair, pull down a pot off the stove or do something that may hurt him.
When we get home, my work still doesn't end. While Chris is on the computer, I am giving my son a bath - washing him, watching him so he doesn't drown, and reading to him. I also teach him his ABCs all in that time frame.
When we are done, Aiden goes to Chris to go to sleep. Do you think my work ends there? Um, no. I worry all the time now that I don't have a job. Can I pay my car note? Are the going to reposes it? Can I afford to pay a few bills (mostly, the answer is no)? Sometimes, I have piles of clothes and towels to fold that are on myside of the bed (thanks Chris).
So, re-think when you ask, "Well, what the hell did you do all day?" Think about all the little things that you don't notice that got done today and just tell me "Thank you, Kristin, for all you do."
Being a mommy and wife is hard work! Enjoy the time you get to spend with Aiden!
ReplyDelete